Monday, June 8, 2009

Peru Missionary Trip

My oldest son will be leaving in a little under 2 weeks for Peru on his first missionary trip. Although I know it's his destiny, and although I trust God, I am still nervous about him going. Not so much because it's a missionary trip, but because for the first time in 7 years, he will not be here with me every day.

Yes, selfish, I know. He's been homeschooled since he was in the 6th grade, so I am more than used to him being home. So, like I said, it's selfish on my part.

He's prayed for direction in his life for several years and for a long time his goal was to join Master's Commission, but when he dissected his reasons for wanting to be in MC (MCAustin, to be exact), he realized his heart was drawn to the mission trips.

So, after reading I Would Die For You by Brent & Deanna Higgins last September, he decided to go straight into missionary work. I recommend that book to everyone to read. It is excellent!

He will be going to Peru with the organization Awe Star Ministries. And...the country coordinators this year will be Brent & Deanna Higgins! That is such a God-Thing!!!! My son is super-excited about that alone!!

I've posted a link to the organization he'll be going with, and also to Brent Higgins' blog. Muddle through the sites...you're sure to be inspired!!!

http://www.awestar.org/
http://www.prayforbj.com/

No comments: